Sunday, July 4, 2010

Insulting one's intelligence

People have their own way of life, their own way of doing things. I would like to share with you on my blog the way Americans do things that I find interesting and worth thinking. These posts are not meant to downgrade anybody or any culture. They are simply things that I see as "new". I will not say weather something is good or not good. I am simply sharing information based on what I see without judging.

Here's a little bit of American culture that I noticed:

"I don't want to insult your intelligence" is heard in America every now and then. It is important for them to see others as other intelligent beings. I guess that explains why Americans value opinions of others, even those of kids. Parents ask their kids for opinions or suggestion on things. They are interesting in knowing what their kids are thinking. Parents talk to their kids like adults. Kids are treated as beings with intelligence who have their own unique, independent voices.
Having said that, I I'd like to say that this blog is never meant to insult anybody's intelligence by any means.

No comments:

Post a Comment